How do I install this part please?
Answer This kit may be used for replacement of diodes in ice and water side by sides with a water filter. The diodes are part of the main harness. Thre is a black insulator that protects the diodes. The diodes are located on the wire that goes to the inlet valve (#1 single coil valve), Approximately 4" away from the valve.
When you activate the dispenser and water comes out both the dispenser and ice maker fill tube, the harness needs replaced.
If the icemaker diode fails open, the singel water valve will not energize when the icemkaer is activated. If the dispenser diode fails open, the single valve will not energize when the dispenser is activated.
Equipment needed: Voltmeter.
1. Activate dispenser, then check to see if there is voltage to the dispenser valve (Yellow Coil of dual valve should have close to line volatage) and check the inlet valve (single valve #1 can be tan or green, should have 54 to 78 VAC)
If no voltage to both the inlet valve (Single valve) and the dispenser valve (Yellow Coil) then :
A. Check the freezer door wiring connector.
B. Check the dispenser connections.
If there is coltage to the dispenser valve (Yellow Coil) and not to the inlet valve (Single Valve) replace the diode harness.
2. Activate Ice maker (Check during icemaker fill, which is about 7.5 seconds), then check to see if there
is voltage to Icemaker valve (Green Coil of dual valve should have 95 to 105 vac) and check the inlet valve (Single valve #1 can be tan or green should have 42 to 58 VAC)
If voltage to the icemaker valve (Green Coi) and not to inlet valve (Single Valve) Replace the diode harness.
Replacement of Diode on Refrigerators with single coil valve by condenser fan and two valve by compressor
1. Disconnect power cord
2. Remove connector from single coil valve and remove the dark blue and yellow wires from the molex connector.
3. Cut the two dark blue wires about 1" from the diode. (The diodes are inside the black heat shrink that the blue wire with yellow tracer goes into one end and the 2 blue and 2 yellow wires come out the other end)
4. Cut the yellow wire about 1" from diodes
5. Remove old diode subassembly.
6. The 2 blue wires cut in step 3 need to attaché to the brown wire in the new diode harness with the connector provided. Slide the heat shrink over the wire first, install the connector and slide the heat shrink over connector and heat to seal the connector.
7. The 2 yellow wires cut in step 3 need to be attached to the yellow wire in the new diode harness with the connector provided. Slide the heat shrink over the wire first, install the connector and slide the heat shrink over connector and heat to seal the connector