My current door just has a loose handle and it is ready to fall off. In this part do I need to have a total new door or just the handle tightened or replaced?
Answer Hello Leda,
While it's normally much simpler to replace the door, it is more economical fix is to replace the door liner or the handle, whichever is actually broken. If you could please re-post with the model number from the units' I.D. tag, we can give a much more specific diagnosis.
How 2 replace microwave door?
Answer Hello Bozz. Door assembly removal
1. Disconnect the power supply cord.
2. Remove the outer case cabinet. 3. Open the oven door and block it open.
4. Discharge the high voltage capacitor. 5. Close the door.
6. Remove the two (2) door springs from the door cam right,
oven hinge right, door com left and oven hinge left.
7. Release the door cams right and left from the right and
left door cam pins of the door.
8. Remove the door cams right and left from the oven cavity
9. Open the door assembly at an angle of more than 90½
with the oven cavity front plate.
10.To release the right and left door hinge pins of the door
assembly from the oven hinges right and left, slide the door
assembly leftward. When removing the door assembly,
hold the door assembly to prevent it from falling.
11.Now, the door assembly is free.
Door assembly reinstallation
1. On reinstalling the door assembly, insert the oven hinges
right and left into the right and left door hinge pins.
2. Insert and hook the door cams right and left to the right
and left door cam pins.
3. Reinstall the two (2) door springs between the door cams
and the oven hinges right and left.
NOTE: After any service to the door;
(A) Make sure that the door sensing switch and the
secondary interlock switch are operating properly.
(B) An approved microwave survey meter should be
used to assure compliance with proper microwave
radiation emission limitation standards.