How do I replace the drum gasket on my gwt645rhso washer, were can I get a repair manual online?
Answer Hello Paul. Here are the instructions from the manufacture. Hope this helps.
Removing the tub assembly:
1. Disconnect the washer from the electrical supply
and the hot and cold water hoses.
2. Remove the top panel, console, front and rear
access panels and the front panel.
3. Disconnect the advance rinsing technology hose
from the bellows, the detergent outlet and siphon
break hoses from the outer tub.
4. Remove the drain pump and disconnect the drain
sump from the tub.
5. If you are going to replace the front half of the outer
tub, remove the bellows and the weight ring.
6. Remove the small hose from the air bell.
7. Remove the large pulley, drive motor and speed
control board assembly.
8. Disconnect the bearing ground wire.
9. Remove the top pins from shock absorbers and push
the shock absorbers against the cabinet.
10. Place something down to protect the floor, carefully
turn the washer on it’s face and release the springs.
11. Lift the cabinet off of the tub.
12. Turn the tub over and remove the (23) screws holding
the two halves of the tub together.
13. Lift the front half of the tub off the assembly.
14. Reverse procedure to reassemble using cross tightening screws for tightening sequence.
15. The seal between the (2) tub halves is placed in the
groove of the rear half and can be lifted out.
How do I replace the gasket in the dryer? Is it difficult to do?
Answer Hello Darrel. This is a washer gasket. If you can provide the model number for the dryer, we will be glad to help you with that information. Thanks.