How do I change the light socket in the freezer?
To replace the lamp assembly,
1. Disconnect refrigerator from electrical supply.
2. Slide Ice Container forward and off of Rail Assembly. Remove two screws mounting rail assembly to Evaporator Cover.
3. Lift up on Rail Assembly and pull forward, freeing it from mounting brackets.
4. Disconnect Molex connector located at back of Rail Assembly and pull Rail Assembly free.
5. Disconnect yellow and white wires connected to lamp socket located behind Motor Cover.
6. Press in on two tabs on bottom of lamp socket base and push through mounting hole.
7. Replace lamp socket in reverse order
Do i have to remove the front panel or does the socket pop out somehow? how do I replace the light socket?
Answer Kathleen, Yes, you can "snap" the socket out of the control box, but it can be difficult, you also want to make sure you turn the power off to the refrigerator before you start. Thanks and Good Luck