Direction on how to replace a #318223700 glass range top?
Answer Hello Paul. 1.Shut off gas to range.
3.Remove gas supply line at the regulator. If necessary, move range out of the cabinet opening.
4.Remove grates and burner caps. Inspect burners.
5.Remove screws securing burner skirts. Inspect electrode, cleanliness, etc.
Note: The electrode can not be removed from orifice holder assembly.
6. Remove knobs.
7. Remove flange nut.
8. Remove Control Panel.
9. Remove switch mounting plate screws.
10. Remove 2 screws from front shield on each side panels.
11. Remove 5 screws from front shield and 4 screws from vent trim to be able to remove console.
12. Remove machine screw on manifold side range securing manifold to cooktop.
13. Remove cooktop assembly from unit.
14. Remove screws all around mounting plate element located under cooktop assembly.
15. Remove glass assembly from burner box.
16. To reassemble cooktop, reverse procedures.
How do I remove my ceramic stovetop from my Frigidaire stove? #PLC389DCB
Answer Hi David. Remove the unit from the cabinet so you can get fully around it. Remove the power. Use a 1/4# nut driver to remove the surrounding top mount screws. You will need to remove the knobs and the burner knob shaft nuts. Lift the keypad and un hook the ribbon cable. Then remove the door assy. and remove the under the console trim. This will allow access to the console lower mount screws, remove them as well as the upper console mount screws. Once the console is removed you will have access to the front (smooth top)screws. Lift up on the top glass and replace. Part # 318223700. Thank You.
Can this be installed by a very handy engineer or does it need an installation from Frigidaire?
Answer Hello Sue. The cooktops 318223700 are not hard to replace, but they do require being careful and not breaking the glass. Also, the unit will need to be removed from the cabinets to replace the cooktop. Hope this helps.