Why is clothes being torn?
Answer Hello Mike. Check and see if the front tub seal 134440200 is bad on the unit. If so, you will need to replace the seal and the rear bearing kit 5303281153. Hope this helps.
Can I change a seal located between the drum and the frame without taking the tub apart? The part is a "seal" part number AP3777104; it seems it is made out of felt.
Answer Hello Maricela! You can change the upper felt seal 134440200 by removing the front panel. Here are the instructions from the manufacture on how to remove the front panel, hope this helps!
Front Panel Removal: The front panel is secured to the unit frame with screws along the front bottom edge and top left and right corners. Two plastic retainers along each side of the front panel prevent the panels from vibrating and creating noise.
To remove the front panel:
1. Remove the top panel and control console.
2. Remove the loop spring and release the bellows from the front panel.
3. Disconnect the Molex connector leading to the wire harness of the door latch at the upper right hand corner next to the controller assembly.
4. Using a #2 square bit screwdriver, extract the four screws along the bottom front edge.
5. Extract the six screws along the top front edge.
6. Lift up then pull the front panel off of the plastic retainers and remove from unit.