Does this board control the Temperature settings?
This control board WR55X10159 is for the temp display and to set the temps. The main control board on the back of the unit reads the thermistors that control temp.
How does the front control panel mount to the board (AP 3189232)Is it rivited or glued?
Answer Hello Douglas. To remove the temperature control assembly:
1. Remove the light cover.
2. Remove 4 Phillips screws and the light
assembly. Note: Temperature control assembly is mounted
on 3 slotted fasteners. Fasteners do not need to
be loosened or removed.
3. Cut the RTV around the edge of the
temperature control assembly. Note: Old RTV must be removed from the inside
of the fresh food compartment and from the
temperature control assembly. RTV 102 must be
put in place when the temperature control panel is
4. Disconnect the temperature control assembly
5. Slide the temperature control assembly back
to release it from the slotted fasteners and
lower the assembly.
6. Disconnect the wiring connector from the
temperature control board.
7. Slide the touch panel out of the temperature
8. Remove 2 screws and the temperature control