Do you have to remove the dishwasher door in order to get to the screws to remove the panel beneath it.
No, it is not necessary to remove the dishwasher door in order to access the screws to remove the kickplate.
Where do you attach the cables & springs-can this be done easily?
Answer Hello Estelle! Follow these steps to replace the dishwasher door cable. Hope this helps!
1. Using a Philips' head screwdriver, remove the four screws holding the lower front panel (below dishwasher door).
2. Remove the faulty eyelet cable(s) hooked into the springs at one end and the door hinges at the other.
3. Take the new eyelet cables and hook them onto the door hinge on either side. Ensure a secure fit.
4. Guide the eyelet cable around the spinwheel on one side and insert the hooks of the springs into the eyelets.
5. Pull on the springs and insert their hooks into the eyelets of the other cable, ensuring a secure fit.
6. Test the door by opening and closing it a few times to ensure the spring has tension.
7. Replace the lower front panel cover removed in step 1 with its screws.