How do you replace hidden bake element
Answer Hello James. To Remove:
1. Turn the power off to the unit.
2. Slide the unit out so that the left side of the unit can be accessed freely.
3. Remove two screws inside the rear of the cavity that attaches the hidden bake assembly.
4. Remove cooktop per instructions in Cooktop Removal Section.
5. Remove three screws from the radiant brace.
6. Remove three screws from the back of the unit that attaches the side panel.
7. Remove one screw from the front of the unit that attaches the side panel.
8. Lift the panel up and then out to remove.
9. Unplug the bake element.
10. Note the screw with the ground wire. Remove four screws attaching the side insulation
11. Slide the hidden bake assembly out from the side.
1. Make sure the bottom insulation is fully covering the bottom of the base module.
2. Slide the hidden bake assembly in from the side, being careful not to displace the
3. Attach the assembly back to the oven cavity with two screws.
4. Slide the insulation retainer back into position making sure not to displace the insulation.
5. Attach the retainer with four screws, making sure the ground lead is attached with the
lower left screw.
6. Plug the wires back into the element, making sure the leads are placed back into the tab
in the retainer.
7. Slide the side panel back into place and reattach with the seven screws. Make sure the
cooktop strike is put back into place.
8. Remove cooktop per instructions in Cooktop Removal Section.
9. Slide the unit back into place and turn the power back on.
The cooktop is fastened to the front frame by two (2)
screws. Remove the 2 screws and lift the back edge
of cooktop upward (no more than 1 to 2 inches) to
unhook the cooktop hinge from the backguard pins.
Pull forward. Unplug harness and unscrew ground
wire located at rear of cooktop.