No power to anything. I checked flame sensor with a volt/ohm meter and it reads open. I jumped the flame senor temporarily and have power, but won't heat water. Is this normal when jumping the sensor or does the high voltage section have a problem also?
Answer Hello Glen,
The flame sensor will have to be replaced and you will then need to troubleshoot the unit to determine if the issue is in the primary, (low voltage), or in the secondary, (high voltage), circuitry. There is a very good flow chart in most of these units' tech sheet. It will be behind the control panel.
unit dead, no light, no display, electric outlet is OK, tried 3 second hold, plug and unplug, fuse OK, no cont on sensor PW2,could that be problem?
Answer Larry, Yes, there are several "sensors" in most microwave ovens. They are usually a "one shot" fuse like component mounted to various areas of the microwave (cavity, magnetron tube, etc. If for any reason one of these sensors "opens" it does eliminate power to the unit and it goes "dead". The manufacturer, does not have a parts list or service wiring diagram listed for the partial model number you supplied. It may be a "licensed" product, produce by another company, under the GE name. You may have to contact the manufacturer for proper or more information, since sensors are safety devices.