The bottom trim channel and the side door frames need to be replaced on the oven door because they are rusted. I understand how to replace the bottom trim channel. I need info on how to replace the two side door frames. Any suggestions?
To replace the bottom and side trim of the door you will need to do the following:
To Service Full Glass Door
1. Complete door assembly:
• Remove three screws from the bottom door frame
• Remove two screws at the top of the door on the liner
• The liner assembly and outer glass panel assembly can now be separated.
2. Outer glass panel assembly:
• Remove four screws from the side posts at the bottom
• Remove four screws from the side posts at the top near the door vent trim
• Slide the bottom trim and top vent trim out to free the outer door glass
Note: On some doors the bottom trim is sealed to the outer door glass and cannot
3. Liner assembly:
• Remove three screws on each side of the door liner to remove the door hinge
• Remove four screws from the insulation retainer
• Remove insulation retainer and then the insulation
• The window pack and window gasket are now accessible,
on units with a window door.
The door gasket is clipped into the liner of the door panel.
To Service Gasket
A gap must be left in the gasket at bottom of door.
The gap is required to provide air flow in the oven for proper baking results.