Note: This question is for the older version of this part, but we thought you might still find it helpful
Do you have installation instructions for replacing a the refrigerator and freezer door gasket?
Answer Follow these tip for replacing your door gasket.
1. Always soak the gasket in hot water for at least 10 minutes before attempting to install it. Let it soak while you take the old one off.
2. Remove the contents from the door to prevent the weight from warping the door when the gasket is loose.
3. If the gasket is held on with screws, do not fully remove the screws from the door just loosen them.
4. After the gasket is installed, take a heat gun or hair dryer and work out any part of the gasket that is out of shape.
5. Once done apply a thin film of Vaseline around the entire gasket. Note do not glob it on, just a thin film. Also it would be wise to apply the Vaseline at least once a year.
I hope this helped you in your do-it-yourself refrigerator door repair.