How do I replace the rangetop igniter switch harness? Thank you
To remove the control panel and main top for testing switches and wires back to the spark module use the following steps:
MAINTOP REMOVAL AND ACCESS TO SPARK MODULE
1. Cut off gas supply to range.
2. Cut off electrical supply to range.
3. Remove the control panel assembly as follows:
– Remove four (4) gas knobs from surface burners.
– Remove four (4) screws that holds the left rear and right rear gas valves
to upper control panel.
– Remove two (2) Phillips screws (one on each side) of the upper control
– Open the range door and remove three (3) hex screws on the lower
– Gently remove the control panel assembly and support from the wiring
4. Remove the vent assembly as follows:
– Remove the vent cover.
– Unscrew and remove the oven cavity vent using a 1/2 inch socket and
turn counter clockwise.
5. Remove the burner cap assemblies from the maintop as follows:
– Remove burner caps and housings.
– Remove three (3) screws from each burner assembly.
– Detach electrode from wire.
6. Hinge maintop back to wall to allow access.
7. Remove four (4) screws from the bottom burner box.
8. Slightly hinge bottom burner box to the front of the range. Hinge just
enough to gain access to the spark module assembly located on the right
side of the unit.
9. Disconnect wires and remove mounting screws from the spark module.
10. Repeat prior steps in reverse sequence to re-assemble unit.