I have been told that I need to replace the solenoid that is in the door of the ice dispenser. How do I remove the water and ice panel on the freezer door to replace the solenoid on this model Monogram GE Refrigerator model ZISS420DRKSS
Answer Hello Marge. Removal
1. Remove the bezel from the outside of the
Note: On stainless steel models, the front panel
must be removed. Remove screws from top,
bottom, and hinge side. Pull out on hinge side.
2. Remove the screw from the bottom of the
control panel. Lift up and pull the bottom of the
panel out. Disconnect the connectors, and
remove the control panel.
3. Remove 4 screws and the backing panel.
4. From the back side of the panel, remove the
water switch and the light socket.
5. Remove 3 screws and the duct door solenoid.