How to replace the fluorescent light on a GE spectra?
Answer Hello Gil. 1. Remove power to the unit.
2. Pull the range away from the wall.
3. Remove the two screws from the top edge
on the back of the range.
4. Pull up on the hand grips on the back of
the range until the tabs at the bottom
of the cooktop light housing separate from
the back of the range.
5. Pull out the cooktop light housing as far as
possible - approx. 2 inches.
6. Remove the light bulb by unplugging it from
both sockets with one motion. To Install The New Bulb:
1. Install the new light bulb F26T8-CW-4 by plugging it into
both sockets with one motion.
2. Using the hand grips on the cooktop light
housing, lift up and push the housing
back into the rear wall of the range. Then
lower the housing until the bottom tabs are
inserted back into the range.
3. Reinstall the two screws along the top edge
on the back of the range. Hope this helps.