Can you explain in more detail how to replace the glass cooktop on a GE JS900SK2SS range?
To remove the main top you will first need to remove the control panel by:
1. Remove faceplate (reference section on control panel assembly).
2. Remove screws (from bottom) securing control panel to vent trim.
3. Remove steel control panel insert by removing 4 screws.
4. Detach from main harness by unplugging the two 15-pin connector blocks.
5. Remove 5 screws securing the control panel to the maintop assembly.
6. Control panel can now be removed.
And to remove the cooktop, the control panel must first be removed. The cooktop is fastened to the body side extensions with two (2) screws. Remove the 2 screws and slide the cooktop assembly forward. Lift the cooktop off.
How do you install new glass top?
Answer Hello Richard,
You will have to remove the control panel assembly and the screws around the perimeter of the top.