I need a glass top replacement for my stove. The tag on the oven door indicates the Model JD968SOF4SS. I don't see any parts with the "O" in the model number. What am I doing wrong?
Answer Geri, you will use model JD968SF4SS to research parts. For some reason when GE supplied models to their vendors, they dropped the 0s in the models. Your model uses glass top assembly part number WB62T10528. Thanks!
We have a GE Profile glass cooktop. The model #is JS905B0K2BB, serial #SL212352Q. When we order a replacement top from you, will there be installation instructions with it?
Answer Hello Sunny. Before removing the cooktop, the control panel must first be removed. The control panel contains the ERC and infinite switches.
1. Remove faceplate (reference section on control panel assembly).
2. Remove screws (from bottom) securing control panel to vent trim.
3. Remove steel control panel insert by removing 4 screws.
4. Detach from main harness by unplugging the 15-pin and 9-pin connector blocks.
5. Remove 5 screws securing the control panel to the maintop assembly.
6. Control panel can now be removed. The cooktop is fastened to the body side extensions with two (2)
screws. Remove the 2 screws and slide the cooktop assembly forward. Lift the cooktop off.