We have a GE Profile glass cooktop. The model #is JS905B0K2BB, serial #SL212352Q. When we order a replacement top from you, will there be installation instructions with it?
Answer Hello Sunny. Before removing the cooktop, the control panel must first be removed. The control panel contains the ERC and infinite switches.
1. Remove faceplate (reference section on control panel assembly).
2. Remove screws (from bottom) securing control panel to vent trim.
3. Remove steel control panel insert by removing 4 screws.
4. Detach from main harness by unplugging the 15-pin and 9-pin connector blocks.
5. Remove 5 screws securing the control panel to the maintop assembly.
6. Control panel can now be removed. The cooktop is fastened to the body side extensions with two (2)
screws. Remove the 2 screws and slide the cooktop assembly forward. Lift the cooktop off.