I just replaced my motor on the microwave and when I did a check of its operation, it started and worked fine, but after 30 seconds the motor got very hot to touch (I didn't replace the bottom cover so I could see & feel the motor) it made a pop noise,and I could smell the electrical fumes of the motor. Needless to say it quit and would not work again. I checked my wires electrical output, and it reads 117 a/c volts to the motor when I start the microwave. What could have caused the motor to pop and burn out?
Answer Hi Steve. Along in the turntable motor kit is a round 3" metal spacer that had a flat "side" edge. The breakdown shows that it is first mounted and the flat edge faces back and and is parallel to the back. It is placed as a "cupped" part up into place. Then the phenolic spacer is placed in the middle of the motor shaft and is sandwiched in between the cupped plate and the motor. Then the motor is bolted lastly into place. You have to be sure the motor shaft is perfectly centered as it is bolted into place so the shaft does not drag anywhere to bind it's operations. The motor is driven by 120 vac and it takes allot of power to smoke one. It sounds like it bound up. Thank You.