Steady buzz when I push start -- and no 'heat' is being generated. What is your best guess? Thank you.
Answer Hello Alan. You most likely have a "high voltage" side malfunction. Transformer, diode, magnetron, Capacitor. You will need to be extremely careful if you decide to test the components with a multi meter, Very high residual voltage is present, so make sure you remove power to the microwave and short across the terminals on the capacitor. The magnetron should have a reading of less than 1 ohm resistance across the two terminals, and an "open" circuit between each terminal and chassis ground. The diode/rectifier should have a resistance reading in one direction only, no resistance, or resistance in both directions indicate a faulty diode. The primary winding on the trans former should read approximately 450 Ohms resistance, the secondary winding should read 80 ohms resistance, and the filament transformer should read 100 ohms resistance. If all the readings are proper and in range, replace the magnetron.
My GE Cafe microwave was making a noise when I was heating a plate of food then loss complete power. Nothing works on it now; NO POWER!!
Answer Hello Ed. Check and see if the fuse WB27X10388 is bad in the unit. If so, you will have to check the door switches and all the HV components on the unit.
Is the plastic fan available to fit on the GE WB26X10042 fan assembly?
Answer Hello Bill,
Unfortunately the blower wheel in part number WB26X10042 does not come as a separate part and would have to be replaced as an assembly.