GE oven door gasket replace. Do I have to take door apart.
For replacing the door gasket WB4K1 you would need to disassemble the door in order to get it in place.
Does the door need to be removed to install the gasket for this oven? Is part #WB4K1 the correct part?
Answer Hello Susan,
The manufacturers' instructions on the door gasket replacement are as follows:
1. Remove door lifting off of hinges.
2. Remove 6 screws from door frame and remove frame, handle and outer glass. DOOR GASKET REPLACEMENT (Note gap in original gasket at bottom of door)
3. Remove both middle crystals.
4. Remove four screws from insulation retainer at middle crystal opening in insulation retainer.
5. Remove insulation retainer.
6. Remove 4 screws securing inner door liner to inner door panel.
7. Replace gasket leaving same gap at bottom as original.
WB4K1 is the correct door gasket for the model number you listed.