Outside buttons on key pad were unresponsive
Allen D. • Saint Augustine, FL • January 23, 2015
Appliance: General Electric Microwave JVM2052SN1SS
My Repair & Advice
Used replacement part and followed instructions on forum. Simple fix. Involved:
1) Remove a few screws
2) Remove frame guard
3) Remove metal frame
4) Remove Handle
4) Unplug all connections
5) transfer circuit board and wired to new frame
6) Use razor to cut out caulking on glass and carefully scrape glass for silicone caulk
7) Transfer glass to new frame.
8) Caulk bottom of new glass as previous unit.
9) Reassemble unit like last frame.
Process takes about 20-25 minutes if done very cautiously, but it is really not a delicate procedure. Took my time to use as a teaching experience with my son ;-)