The burners on my range no longer automatically re-ignite. I have replaced the spark module but this did not help. What else could it be? Thanks
Answer Hi Kam. Use a volt/ohm meter part # TJMA-DM1 to assist you in your diagnostics. Is the narrow female terminal on the range outlet a positive polarity and the wide terminal a neutral polarity? From the small terminal to round ground you should get 120 vac. From the wide terminal to the round ground you get 0-vac volts only. Not 1-or higher. Make sure you did not plug it in upside down. Clean the burner caps underneath with a small brass wire brush. If there is anything stopping the ground-spark path from the igniter then this will help. Did you get the polarity correct when installing the new spark module. Did you install the spark module tight onto the burner box tight? If there were any green wires connected underneath going up to the bottom of the top assy., has it been reinstalled clean and tight? The top needs a ground path along with the top mount screws. Make sure all burner orifice nuts are tight so the burner passes ground path correctly. The transformer part # WB27X21609 output is 240 vac. If it does not give this voltage output then you will not have sufficient voltage to operate the spark igniter. Thank You.
For the third time the range surface light stays on when all burners are off. The service rep has been here twice, charging about $150 each time. He said that it was "probably" safe.
Since this has happened, again, I have been throwing the circuit breaker to shut off the electric to the range whenever I am not cooking.
Q1: Is this necessary?
Q2: I am looking for a new range that is durable. My family does not need fancy features, but we do need durability. We would probably break a glass top.Is there such a thing as a durable electric range, 30 inch, free standing?
We do not have the option of gas
Answer Lue, Based on the parts and service diagrams, this is not that elaborate a range. Apparently the L1 to P circuit keeps shorting to a closed circuit in the infinite switch. Checking the wires, element, and repalcing the switch or indicator light, would not be considerred a "major" repair, and you should be able to do it yourself, with little to no issues, as long as you turn the power to the range OFF . Thanks and Good Luck