Fan switch broke need to replace, best opinion?
Answer Keith, the fan switch listed for your model is part number WB24X10169. Unfortunately, this item has been discontinued with no further replacements or cross references available and our company is unaware of any other available sources. Sorry about that!
If I buy the vent fan control knob (OEM part # WB24X10129) for GE Range Hood (OEM part # JV348L2SS), how do I replace the bad one with the new one? More specifically, how do I open the black unit that has 4 wires going into it?
Here is the instructions for removing the control panel to replace the fan switch.
1. Disconnect all wire connectors to the motor, light and
2. Pull to remove knob on the control panel. A
3. Cover the Lexan® control panel surface with tape to
4. Locate the long push rods holding the control panel in
place. Remove the screws holding the rods. Slide rods
out of the slots. Set screws and rods aside. B
5. Carefully, rotate and slide the control panel through
the opening on the right side. C
6. Check and/or change all components creating
TO REINSTALL THE CONTROL PANEL:
• Rotate and slide control panel into the opening at the
• Hold control panel in place while inserting the long
push rods through the slots in the light panel support.
• Loosely reinstall screws through the rod, panel and
into the cage nut.
• Use fingers to hold the panel in correct position while
• Reinstall the light cover with original screws.
• Restore power and test the controls and lights.
I need to replace a variable speed fan switch on an island broan hood. I do not know the model number (about 20 years old) is there a universal variable fan switch?
Answer Hello Bill,
Without a model number, we have no way of knowing the rating on the switch or how it mounts. Many times on a hood assembly, if you remove the electrical cover, you may actually find the units' I.D. label. If you can locate it, please contact us and we will do our very best to assist you in your repair.