Checked all fuses, nothing was blown all worked per you previous recommendations, put back together, plugged in and microwave worked for about a minute, heated water clock worked...then dead again. Any other ideas???
Answer Hello Heater. It sounds like either a wiring issue, or maybe the outlet is dropping out. Try plugging a light into the same outlet and see if it goes out when the microwave stops. If so, the outlet or the breaker may be bad. You can test the door switches, but really think either wiring, control board, or outlet issue.
This is a GE over the range Microwave that is appx 15 months old, just quit working, everything is dead no light, fan and microwave doesn't work. We have checked the outlet and power is fine. Suggestion/s?? fuse??
Based on the symptoms it sounds like either the fuse is bad or a thermal fuse has failed. You will want to pull the control board and disconnect power. There is a fuse behind where the control panel is that you will need to test for continuity. If there is no continuity then the fuse would need to be replaced along with the door switches. If this fuse checks ok then you will need to pull the unit down and check all the thermal fuses to make sure that they are good. On the base behind the control panel there may be 2 thermal fuses, one will read open and the other will read closed.