I have purchased door trim piece WB07T10478 and have removed the oven door. How do I remove the old trim piece? Have taken out the 3 screws on the bottom, but the old piece doesn't come out because of the threaded things sticking out at 90 degree angles around the door edge.
To Service Full Glass Door
1. Complete door assembly:
• Remove three screws from the bottom door frame
• Remove two screws at the top of the door on the liner
• The liner assembly and outer glass panel assembly can now be separated.
2. Outer glass panel assembly:
• Remove four screws from the side posts at the bottom
• Remove four screws from the side posts at the top near the door vent trim
• Slide the bottom trim and top vent trim out to free the outer door glass
Note: On some doors the bottom trim is sealed to the outer door glass and cannot be separated.
3. Liner assembly:
• Remove three screws on each side of the door liner to remove the door hinge assembly
• Remove four screws from the insulation retainer
• Remove insulation retainer and then the insulation
• The window pack and window gasket are now accessible,
on units with a window door
Need to replace bottom channel trim with part #WB07T10478 and do not understand the instructions for door removal. Hate to try and tackle a project which I can not handle. Have ordered part but need some help.
Answer Hello Sam.
To remove the door, open it all the way. Then close the clips on the hinges down. If you look on the hinges of the door, you will see the metal clips. You pull these down until they lock into place on the unit. Close the door to the stopping point. If the hinge clips are pulled down, you will feel the door stop before it closes. Then lift the door off the oven. Reinstall in reverse order.
How do I install the bottom trim piece AP3879239? If I have to remove the door can you explain how to do that?
Answer Hello Greg. You will need to remove the door to install the trim piece WB07T10478. To remove the door, open it all the way. Then close the clips on the hinges down. Close the door to the stopping point. Lift the door off the oven. Reinstall in reverse order. Hope this helps.