My stove was LP but I got natural gas and oven takes a long time to light. Is there some way I can fix it without it costing me a arm & a leg.
You will want to make sure that the unit was converted back to natural gas. If not then it will cause problems with the operation of the unit. You may have converted the top but may still need to covert the oven. If the entire unit was converted back then you will need Test for 3.2-3.6 amps at the gas safety valve with the igniter turned on. If the voltage is there, you have a bad safety valve. If the voltage is low, you have a weak igniter and the igniter will need to be replaced. You can test this with a multi-meter TJMA-DMT3. Here is a link on how to use a multi-meter. http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/oven-repair-including-ranges-cooktops/4810-how-check-continuity-ohmmeter.html