Water on the floor under the ge refrigerator
Richard M. • Austin, TX • October 14, 2014
Appliance: Model PSI23SGMABS
My Repair & Advice
1. I rolled out the refrig. and found the leaking part.
2. Since I had used Appliance Parts Pros.com for previous parts for this same (old) refrigerator,
I went back to their website using the GE model number.
3. It was easy to find the problem part on their blow-up-parts diagram-------the "water inlet valve."
4. By entering that part number, the part with several photos popped up for positive identification. Great! That eliminated any guess work!
5. Next: I watched the video for replacing that part to learn exactly how to remove the old defective part and install the new one. The video made it easy and established in my own mind that I could do this whole operation without calling a GE repairman.
6. I ordered the part.
7. It arrived the next day, and within approximately 24 hours, I had researched and diagnosed the problem, learned how to do it myself, and completed my repair. Great! I now have my filtered water and ice machine going again. This is simply blinding speed, especially when you compare to calling a service man who comes several days or a week later, then orders the part, then returns to install it, and then bills you for 2-3-4 times the price! Thank you, Appliance Parts Pros.