Ice maker works. When I push for water it leaks out the tube or tank. How do I get to the other end of these hoses? are the in the back? thanks
Answer Walt, the first palce to start is at the freezer bottom door hinge. Remove the kick plate grille on the bottom front of the refrigerator. You'll see the water tube entering the bottom of the hinge and can trace it back to the fill valve and water tank connection. If necessary, a loose or damaged connector in this area is a pretty common leak on this style unit. Thanks and Good Luck
1 person found this answer helpful.
How do you change asm tank water part number wr17x12510 in ge refrigerator? Do you need any other parts to change this out?
Answer Hello Shelly. You will just need the tank. To remove the water tank:
1. Remove the vegetable and fruit drawers shelf.
2. Remove the pantry drawer.
3. Remove the 2 Phillips-head screws that attach
the water tank assembly to the back wall of the
refrigerator section. 4. Carefully pull the right side of the tank assembly
approximately 5 inches out from the back wall.
5. Disconnect the water tank heater wire harness. Note: The water tank heater is attached to the tank
cover with a recessed Phillips-head screw and held
to the water tank by a tab.
6. Remove the Phillips-head screw that attaches
the water tank heater to the cover.
7. Pull out the tank heater to disengage the tab. 8. Remove the 2 Phillips-head screws that attach
the water tank to the cover. Note: The water tank and the tank inlet and outlet
tubes are replaced as an assembly. The tank inlet
and outlet tubes are routed through separate
conduits placed inside the cabinet wall.
9. Place the top table upside down on top of the
10. Push in the rear collar on the water coupling
then pull out the water tube. 11. Remove the machine compartment cover.
12. Remove the Phillips-head screw that holds the
water valve in place. 13. Push in the collar on the dispenser side of the
valve then pull out the water tube from the valve
assembly. 14. Carefully pull out the water tank and remove the
tubing from the conduits. Note: Arrows molded on the water tank show
water flow direction. When installing the water tank
tubing into the cabinet conduits, insert the inlet
tube in the top conduit and the outlet tube into the