I need to replace the gasket for both doors on this fridge. If I order these parts, does it come with instructions for how to replace? Is this difficult to do by yourself?
Answer Scott, the right refrigerator door gasket is part number 4987JJ2002Q and the left refrigerator door gasket is part number 4987JJ2002R. Here is the removal and replacement instructions for the gaskets supplied fromt he manufacturer. Hope it helps, thanks!
To remove the door gasket:
1. Remove door frame cover. Starting at top of cover and working down, snap cover out and away from door.
2. Remove gasket bracket clips There are two clips on each door. Start bracket removal near one of the middle clips.
A) Pull gasket back to expose gasket bracket clip anddoor frame.
B) Insert a flat tip screwdriver into seam between gasket bracket and door frame and pry back until clips snaps out.
C) Continue prying back along seam until all clips snap out.
3. Remove gasket. Pull gasket free from gasket channel on the three remaining sides of door.
To Replace Door Gasket:
1. Insert gasket bracket clips
A) Insert gasket bracket edge beneath door frame edge.
B) Turn upper gasket bracket spring so that both spring ends are in the door channel.
C) Push in clip until you hear it snap securely into place.
2. Insert gasket into channel
A) Snap gasket assembly into the door bracket. Inserting the gasket assembly into the bracket door
B) Press gasket into channels on the three remaining sides of door.
3. Replace door frame cover Starting at top of cover and working down, snap the cover back into door.