Sears kenmore over oven MICROWAVE
Showing error code F9 (unit stops in 5 sec.)
I am license electrician
Answer Hello Mark. This is usually inverter trouble, but it may be the magnetron, controller, wiring, etc. on the unit.
There should be a mini-manual located inside the unit behind the control panel or located on the left side behind the grille, which is very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating components.
Installation instructions to replace the inverter board.
Answer Hello Joe. 1) Remove the vent grille by loosening two screws.
(2) Remove the outcase. (3) Remove the base plate by loosening four screws.
(4) Disconnect two leadwires of the fan motor
(5) Disconnect the leadwire of the inverter PCB and
the H.V. cable of the magnetron.
(6) Remove the earth wire screw.
(7) Remove three screws securing to duct assembly
and two screws securing to fan guide. (8) Remove a screw securing to inverter module
(9) Push the inverter guide hook and get out the
inverter module assembly lifting up duct assembly.
(10) Open the upper inverter guide.
(11) Remove three screws securing to PCB and pull
Why is part number AP4457489 not available?
Answer Hello Henry. This part has been permanently discontinued by the manufacturer and we don't know of any source or replacement for the part. Thanks.