I am not an appliance repair man. I am a general surgeon. I went online and researched the problem. The consensus was that my magnetron and diode were the most likely culprits. To replace my microwave with a comparable model would have cost at least $800. The diode and magnetron cost around $170. I watched a few videos on YouTube demonstrating how to do the repair safely and I felt like I could do it. I ordered the parts on a Monday evening and had them Wednesday. The only difficult part of the repair was getting the heavy appliance down from over the range and gaining access to the cavity that contains the parts. The parts were somewhat difficult to remove due to the tight spaces that I had to work in to access the screws holding it in place. I was able to get it done though and I had a working microwave in under two hours from the start of the job.