The heating element gets real hot, so hot you can't put your hand on the back side. It takes two full hours and some to dry clothes. I removed the front panel and cleaned lint in blower area. The dryer makes heat but doesn't dry the clothes, is it the blower?
Answer Hello Alfred. It sounds like the venting system is clogged or kinked. You will need to check the vent and clean it out. Be sure and clean the vent pipe and the dryer air duct assembly. If the air flow is not good, the unit will retain moist air causing the clothes not to dry. Try running the unit with the vent unhooked from the back of the dryer and see if the dryer works properly.
On the blower motor assembly removal is that a left hand screw and how many clips, one or two? Also can this assembly be remove with out taking out the drum correct?
Answer Hello Glenn. On clip in the back. Turn the blower wheel clockwise to remove it. Then remove the 2 screws in the front. Now you can remove the housing assembly.
How do I remove the motor from the blower
on a AEQ6000es2?
Answer Hello Thomas. The blower wheel unscrews from the shaft of the motor. These can be very tight and sometimes are hard to remove.
How do I remove the blower housing and wheel so I can install the new one?
Answer Hello Joe,
Removing the blower housing and fan blade:
1. Disconnect the dryer from electrical supply and remove the drum.
2. Remove the control thermistor.
3. Using a 7/8” socket turn the fan blade clockwise while holding the motor shaft to remove the blade from the motor shaft.
4. Remove (2) screws holding the housing to the dryer base.
5. Remove the front motor lock by inserting a screwdriver at the rear of the housing to release the housing from the motor.
6. Raise the front of the motor and pull the housing forward.
My dryer makes a loud HUMMING noise about 10 minutes into it running. The dryer is still drying cloths, but the noise is really LOUD.
Answer Hello Missy. Check and make sure the blower wheel is not clogged with lint. If not, you need to replace the front felt glides and the rear bearing in the unit.