I need to replace the seals. Which numbers do I need?
Answer Lee, the upper felt is part number 134440200, the lower felt is part number 5303937183, and the drum glide is part number 137513300. Thanks!
I have to replace the seal. Is one enough, or do I need two?
Answer Amanda, you will need one upper seal 134440200. If you need the lower felt seal use part number 5303937183. Thanks!
My dryer makes a thumping sound when loaded. Could this be a bearing or upper seal?
Answer Hello Mike,
This is probably a bearing or a glide, or a combination of the two. This also puts wear on the belt 134503600. I always replace all of the parts the unit may need so I don't have to go back in for a while. The glides 137513300 come one in a package so you do have to order two for the complete repair. The bearing 5303937139 comes in a kit with an instruction sheet.
Is this the upper drum seal?
Answer Hello Rhea! Yes, the seal part number 134440200 is the upper felt seal. For the lower felt seal use part number 5303937183. Thanks!
Why is clothes being torn?
Answer Hello Mike. Check and see if the front tub seal 134440200 is bad on the unit. If so, you will need to replace the seal and the rear bearing kit 5303281153. Hope this helps.
Can I change a seal located between the drum and the frame without taking the tub apart? The part is a "seal" part number AP3777104; it seems it is made out of felt.
Answer Hello Maricela! You can change the upper felt seal 134440200 by removing the front panel. Here are the instructions from the manufacture on how to remove the front panel, hope this helps!
Front Panel Removal: The front panel is secured to the unit frame with screws along the front bottom edge and top left and right corners. Two plastic retainers along each side of the front panel prevent the panels from vibrating and creating noise.
To remove the front panel:
1. Remove the top panel and control console.
2. Remove the loop spring and release the bellows from the front panel.
3. Disconnect the Molex connector leading to the wire harness of the door latch at the upper right hand corner next to the controller assembly.
4. Using a #2 square bit screwdriver, extract the four screws along the bottom front edge.
5. Extract the six screws along the top front edge.
6. Lift up then pull the front panel off of the plastic retainers and remove from unit.