I got the F05 code. Checked the temp sensor at room temp about 60 degrees. Meter showed 0 ohms. Order a new sensor, it didn't fix the problem. Would guess the ccu next.
Answer Hello Brian. Possible Causes / Procedure
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check the water temperature sensor. Check
connections to the water temperature sensor.
3. Check resistance of heating element, if present on this
model (abnormal = infinity).
While washing a load of clothes.. I heard a loud noise, like something really tore up.. went in to check and machine had quit and F11 was flashing..and machine had a burned wiring smell coming from it ...any ideas?
Answer Marty, The F11 error code on Duet washers usually indicates a communication error between the CCU and the MCU. " F11 Serial Communication Error Communication between the Central Control Unit(CCU) and the Motor Control Unit(MCU) cannot be sent correctly." You'll need to remove the lower access panel and the top panel and check for damaged wires or something having come loose and damaged the wiring or boards. The failure doesn't always include a loud noise, but a burnt wire smell can accompany a board or motor failure.
Right after my washer start filling up with water the F-H code shows up.
Is there something wrong with the CCU?
Thanks so much!
Answer Hello Julienne. Possible Causes / Procedure
¦ If there is no water in the unit:
— Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned
on all the way.
— Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in
the inlet valves.
— Verify inlet valve operation.
¦ If there is water in the unit:
— Verify drain pump operation.
— Verify that the pressure switch hose is in good condition and
properly connected to tub and pressure switch.
1. Verify there is not a siphon problem.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Verify wire harness connections to inlet valves,
pressure switch, drain pump, flow meter, and
Central Control Unit (CCU).
4. Check all hoses for possible leaks.
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power
6. Verify pressure switch operation.
7. Verify flow meter operation by blowing air through the part and
measuring the resistance.
8. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic test or any cycle
What does it mean when my washer shows F11...does it mean that the computer board needs replacing?
Answer Hello EWS. Communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU)
and the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent
correctly. Possible Causes / Procedure
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check wire harness connections to the MCU, the
motor, and Central Control Unit (CCU).
3. Check the drive system for any worn or failed
4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic test or
6. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive
7. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.
8. Check that the serial harness at the MCU is not
mounted upside down. The wires should be to the left
when facing the MCU connectors.
I have a GHW9150PW4 Whirlpool Duet front loading washer. The unit fills up half way with water and after 12 minutes generates a F/H error. I replaced the pressure switch 8181695 and vacuum tubing leading to the pressure switch. I hate to buy a control board 8182695 if not the problem. Any suggestions?
You will want to make sure that there is no clogged screen in the water valve. Check to make sure that there is not a siphoning issue where the water is draining at the same time. Verify the wire harness connections to the inlet valves, pressure switch, drain pump, flow meter, and central control unit. Check hoses for leaks verify the flow meter operation by blowing air through the part and measure the resistance and if all of this checks ok then replace the Central control unit.