Kenmore 110 62972100, control board 3976627 or 8546223 or W10116564, and I think, AP4366715
Dryer runs when start button is pushed and held in, but shuts off when button is released, motor and heat relays seem ok, 3 small doides look overheated, and board is discolored around them..a larger resistor on the board also looks overheated.
If I replace the board will it be damaged by some hidden failure in the dryer, or do the boards sometimes overheat or get damaged by voltage spikes, etc? I don't want to buy a new board only to see it burn up in a few minutes. Thanks.
Answer Hello Jim. Based on the information you provided, the motor needs to be replaced. It is bad. The switch on the motor is causing the issue.