Dishwasher needs the electronic control board. I am unsure how to remove ribbon from the control panel and install the new ribbon that is attached to the new control. Can you help?
Answer Hello Vicki. You access the ribbon cable and pull it off the spades of the control board. You may have to wiggle it back and forth slightly to release and pull it off the board.
What is part or model # for the contol panel?
Answer Janice, the control panel is part number W10254846. If you need the electronic board behind the panel it is part number W10298356. Thanks!
I have a Maytag model mdb7749aww1. It won't start, none of the buttons work, no leds light up.
* I checked power- good
* I checked the door switch- good
* I disconnected from power, unplugged the ribbon from the panel board, reconnected to power, shut the door- nothing
* I disconnected from power, plugged in the ribbon, reconnected to power, shut the door and the drain pump runs for a couple minutes
* disconnected from power, then reconnected to power, shut the door- nothing
* disconnected from power, unplugged ribbon, reconnected ribbon, reconnected to power- the drain motor runs for a couple minutes.
Could this be the fuse, or is it likely the contro; board?
Answer Dan, You've pretty much confirmed that you have a faulty control panel/key pad assembly W10356467 "1. Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power. 2. Open the dishwasher door. 3. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1). Make sure all other connections are made. 4. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door. 5. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power. 6. Wait 5 sec. 7. Close dishwasher door. 8. Monitor the control’s response: If the control is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the Drain Motor for 2 minutes. Check and/or replace the keypad if the control responds OK. ?If the control is not OK (still sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), then the drain motor will NOT if the drain motor does not start within 10 sec, repeat or verify that all the steps were followed, then replace the control".