My washer died. The display panel turns on and it won't move. It made several loud beeps and the panel displayed F6 E1.
Answer Hello Gaby. Communication between the Central Control Unit and the MCU has not been detected. Possible Causes
• Check door switch operation. Faulty switch may interfere with power to MCU.
• Check drive system for worn or faulty components.
• Verify continuity in cable between CCU (MI3 & MS2) and MCU.
I have continuously received error codes F08E02 for a long while. Then the machine would work for weeks. Finally, I bought a new set and put this older set down in the basement. I am trying to fix this set. I have replaced the dispenser motor and the upper wiring harness as corrosion was an issue. I am now going to replace the CCU and the (on order with you) water control valve. When I have this in diagnostic mode, and it goes through its processes, it gets stuck at C01 and it won't do anything. What is wrong? I am hoping it is the CCU.
Answer Hello Steve,
The first thing you should check is the mechanical linkage from the dispenser motor to the top of the dispenser. I have seen many cases od mineral deposits preventing the mechanical linkages from moving properly. Also check water supply to washer. Check water hose connections to and inside the washer. 2. Verify dispenser drawer is not clogged with detergent. 3. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
4. Remove the top panel to access the machine electronics. 5. Check the mechanical linkage from dispenser motor to top of dispenser.
6. Visually check that the DI6 connector is inserted all the way into the CCU. If visual check passes, go to step 7. If connector is not inserted properly, reconnect DI6 and retest. 7. Remove connector DI6 from the CCU. With an ohmmeter, verify the resistance values across the DI6 connector pinouts. There is a possibility the CCU W10427975 could be the issue since it receives and interprets the information from the dispenser.
What is the main control number for this unit?
Answer Jerry, the central control unit would be the main board, part number W10427967. Thanks!
The manufacturer part number I have for my control unit is W10406607 Rev A. This part number is not listed as on that it replaces for your part number AP5653804. Does this part cross reference?
Answer Hello Jeff,
The part number on the part is very seldom a useable number. Most of the time it is a vendors' number. This is a number that is put on the part by the company that makes the part for the appliance manufacturer. The appliance manufacturer normally isn't even able to use this number. The part W10427967 you were looking at is correct for the model number (WFW94HEXW2) you listed.
I have a washer model wfw94hexw2. The number coming up f06 and e02. Lock the door and nothing happens. Shut it off and door will not open let sit for awhile it will open. Will you direct from here.
The error code that you are getting would be caused by a communication issue between the user interface and the central control unit. The control board is not receiving the messages from the user interface. Check the harness between the two to make sure that there is no damage or corrosion on the harness. If the harness appears to be ok then you will want to check the continuity of the harness to make sure that it is good. If this checks ok then the user interface.