I'm recieving an E6/F2 error code. What can I do?
Answer Hi Joe, check the keypad connector for a firm connection (keypad connects to control board). Press CANCEL. If error code returns after 60 seconds, replace keypad (also called control panel assembly) 8300429. Hope this helps!
I have F5 on my display. What does F5 mean?
Answer Hello Harrison. The F5 code is: Door is open, but latch is locked (condition
exists when door switch is open indicating
an open door, and latch switch is closed
indicating a locked door). 1. Check the latch assembly: latch arm pivot joint, arm/motor connection,
plunger and hook springs.
2. Check the Latch Motor:
- Check for firm electrical connections.
- Disconnect the two wires from the motor and measure the resistance
of the motor. The resistance should be approx. 2450O. If the
motor is open (8O) or shorted (0O), it should be replaced.
3. Check the Latch Switch. Disconnect it and use a continuity tester:
- Door latched = switch closed, continuity should read 0O.
- Door unlatched = switch open, continuity should read 8O.
4. Check Door Open/Closed Switch. Disconnect it and use a continuity tester:
- Door open = switch open, continuity should read 8O.
- Door closed = switch closed, continuity should read 0O.
5. Check Sister Board.
- Check connections, latch motor – sister board.
- Replace sister board 8301848 and solenoid 4452224.
6. Check power and element connections.
7. Replace control W10406070. You can test this with a multi-meter TJMA-DMT3. Here is a link on how to use a multi-meter. Hope this helps. http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/oven-repair-including-ranges-cooktops/4810-how-check-continuity-ohmmeter.html
How do you check the keypad connector for firm connection and where is the cancel key? Also, were are the screws that I need to remove to get the control panel off? Thank you
Answer Hello Janet. The screws for the control panel 8300429 are located on the side of the unit. You will remove the ribbon cable and reseat it into the control board. The cancel button is the off button on the unit. Hope this helps.