Our soap dispenser no longer opens when shut. Will the part AP3108078 kit fix this? I suspect that build up of hardened soap ruined the spring and latch. Thank you!
Answer Hello Cw. If there is power coming to the dispenser 8052027, and the dispenser moves to open the cover, and the sping and lid is bad, then yes, the cover kit 4387043 should repair the problem. If there is power to the dispenser and the dispenser does not move, you will need to replace the dispenser. You can test this with a multi-meter TJMA-DMT3. Here is a link on how to use a multi-meter. Hope this helps. http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/oven-repair-including-ranges-cooktops/4810-how-check-continuity-ohmmeter.html
Our soap cover has come off and were not sure how the spring goes can you please send us a service manual so we can see how this fits in Thank You.
Answer Hi Sue. There is a plastic pin that breaks and makes it in a kit with the lid assembly very cheap. This is part # 4387043. in your use and care manual, there is the 1-800 phone # as you can call the manufacture to request a service manual by asking for the Literature department. Thank you.
How do we install the spring for the above cover kit. We cannot figure it out! Thanks!
Answer 1. Remove the drawbar spring.
2. Align the lower drawbar holes with the locking tabs and remove the upper and lower drawbars.As you do, note the locating tabs behind them and how they align with their respective locating holes.
3. Slide the drawbars apart.
4. Turn the wet agent cap and seal assembly counterclockwise and remove it.5. Remove the seal from the cap.
6. Use Special Tool - Use a ¾” socket to press over the attaching tabs in the wet agent cap opening. Remove wet agent dispenser assembly.
7. Remove wet agent dispenser actuator by spreading the two (2) locking tabs.
8. Remove the upper and lower slides from the wet agent dispenser actuator.
9. Remove the diaphragm spring and diaphragm.
10. Use a screwdriver to gently release the lower tab and remove the detergent door
actuator assembly. As you do, note the position of the door latch level through the hole in the lower slide.
11. Remove the upper slide, the slide spring and the lower slide.