top fire ok but not oven. use only almost a year.
lock seems ok.
code is F5E2.
and when i play hold start 3 sec, it shows padlock. then again to release. still no fire. oh yes strange upsidedown F E 5 upsidedown F.
no broil either.
which part to blame?
thanks n await quick ans.jeff
The F5E2 error code represents that the door and switches do not agree. You will want to make the following checks.
1. Verify failure code shown in diagnostics mode screen.
2. Unplug range or disconnect power.
3. Check wires and connectors between control and door switch.
4. Inspect door for warping or misalignment. Verify door switch continuity with switch fully depressed manually.
5. If no damage to wires or connectors, replace door switch.
6. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
7. Plug in range or reconnect power.
8. Press CANCEL/OFF key, program and start the Clean mode, and observe for 1 minute to ensure that operation is normal.
9. Verify operation is normal.
About 30 seconds after pressing the Self-Clean button, I get the error message E1-F5. Could this be the latch motor and switch control? Thanks.
Answer Hello Bob,
This is the failure code for the door latch assembly W10107820. Specifically the manufacturers' code reads that the door latch is not operating.
If i put power to door latch and it keeps rotating but still comes up F9 what else can be wrong?
Answer Tom, The issue would be in the switch or wiring. The control board has to see the switch circuit change, in order to stop the motor, and the switch circuit tells the control to start the cycle. So check the switch circuit for a change and the wires from the switch to the control board. Good Luck and Thanks
Door is stuck in the latch position after cleaning oven. Code is F5-E1.
How do I release the door?
Answer Hello Phil. You can release the door latch assembly W10107820 using an ice pick and sliding the latch over. Then you will need to replace the latch and the control board on the unit. Hope this helps.
How difficult is it to install the door latch assembly ? Is the electrical connection simple? What is involved in getting to part?
Answer Hi Tony. Remove power. Open thew door and remove it by securing the latch locks first. Then lift up and out on the door. Then remove the front lt. and rt. underside screw that hold down the front of the smooth top. Lift up and support the smooth top underside in the up position. Then you need to mark all elect. connections so you know how to reconnect them (cell phone picture). Then remove and replace the switch assy. Part # W10107820. Thank you.