All the lights are on washer will not work.?
With the display not lighting up would most likely be caused by a faulty main control board.
Every once and a while the machine stops and displays F11. It does it more often if the extra rinse option is chosen. It does not seem to make any difference as to the cycle chosen and lately it is doing more often even with out the extra rinse cycle. It has now stopped and the door would not open. It now needs a new latch #8182634. I will get that along with whatever else you suggest to solve the original problem.
Answer Hello Michael,
The fault code F11 indicates: Communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent correctly.
Possible Causes / Procedure
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check wire harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and Central Control Unit (CCU).
3. Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.
4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic test or any cycle.
6. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor.
7. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.
8. Check that the serial harness at the MCU is not mounted upside down. The wires should be to the left when facing the MCU connectors.
The door latch part number does not match the one in my washer. Does this make any difference ? My part number is 461970200691, the site says the part number is supposed to be AP3837611. Thanks.
Answer David, according to the model number given the door switch assembly 8182634 is the correct replacement available for your unit. This is a manufacturer replacement part and may differ in appearance but is a functional equivalent to the original. Thanks.
How to troubleshoot door latch assembly and easiest way to remove same. THANKS.
You will want to test the Door lock solenoid from pins 2 to 3 and 3 to 1 and should read 60 ohms on either of them. Then you will want to test the switches. From pin 5 to 4 with the door locked should read 0 ohms as well as pins 2 to 1. If the door does not lock then the door lock is most likely the issue and you would want to replaced. The easiest way to replace the door latch is by removing the spring around the door and pushing the door boot inward so that you can get ahold of the latch.