Is there supposed to be water showing in or around the motor area in the creme color or the yellow area I can see water in it when I tilt it to one side or the other, you can see water bubble in it, thanks any answer would be helpful .
Answer Tommy, yes there is always water in that area of the drain pump. Under normal conditions, it is the lowest area of the drain system and retains a small amount of water. Unless you remove the pump and drain it. Everything sounds normal at this point. Thanks!
1 person found this answer helpful.
Washer flashes code F-21 and will not spin or drain. Set to spin cycle and sometimes it will other times unplug and return later to complete cycle. What part is bad?
The F21 error code is a long drain. If the drain time exceeds eight minutes, “F21” will be displayed, the water valves will turn off, and the pump will stop running. Press PAUSE/CANCEL to drain the machine. The display will be cleared and the machine will turn off after a maximum of eight minutes.
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects, and also make sure the hose from the tub to the pump is not plugged or kinked.
4. Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running.
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
6. If the above does not correct the problem, go to step 7.
7. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
8. Replace the pump
Washer displays "F" then "H", (very little water). I have taken off the hoses, checked for any blockage, none. Reconnected and started load, it finished with no faults. The next day, washed another load, and the faults are back. Stopped and started in the a different cycle, started to work and then did the faults (F & H) Repair person said I would need to replace the "circuit board". I would like to know if there is a part I can replace myself or at least understand why this is happening to avoid having unnecessary repair done. Thank you in advance for your time.
Answer Hello Teri. The repairman is correct, the control board is a possibility. But there are other things that could be causing the problem. The FH code stands for No water detected entering machine or Pressure switch trip not detected. Here are some things to check
If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine and then valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed.
If the control has turned the water valves on and after 8 minutes the flow meter has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off and the error code will flash.
Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.
• If there is no water in the unit:
- Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
- Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves
- Verify inlet valve operation
• If there is water in the unit:
- Verify Drain pump operation
- Pressure Switch Hose is in good condition and properly connected to Tub and Pressure switch
• Verify there is not a siphon problem
• Verify wire harness connections to; Inlet Valves, Pressure Switch, Drain Pump, Flow Meter, and Central Control Unit (CCU)
• Check all hoses for possible leaks
• Verify pressure switch operation
• Verify flow meter operation
• Verify CCU operation
Replace failed component.
Read more: http://www.appliancepartspros.com/repair-help/whirlpool-fault-codes.html#Whirlpool'>http://www.appliancepartspros.com/repair-help/whirlpool-fault-codes.html#Whirlpool Duet Front Loading Automatic Washer Fault Codes#ixzz2tt7FlE8J
Won't spin. It washed a load went into the rinse drained the water. The water was not totally extracted. When I went to respin it would not work. The washer was purchased in april 2005 thanks
Answer Arlene, Raise and lower the kid a few times, listen to hear a "click" noise from the lid switch 8054980. If the lid switch circuit isn't closed, the washer won't spin/drain. Open the lid and check to see if there is something stuck between the top of the tub and the tub cover, or between the tubs, this would keep the tub from spinning up to a high spin speed, to extract the water from the clothes. The check the drain hose for kinks, twists, and clogs, this will also create an issue as well.