How Or Where do you start to take dryer apart to replace Drum belt and rollers?
Does the top Pop off?
Answer Hi Wayne. Remove power. Remove door with hinges attached. Slightly twist the top corners of the front panel and release the clips holding the top corners on. Then swing out the top towards you and lift panel off the lower frame clips. Noe you are at the inner front panel. Remove the top corner security hooks with a 5/16" socket. Pay strict attention as to where each green screws go for rigidity in the future. Unhook the door switch wires while using a felt marker to mark wire location on the switch. Remove inner panel by the screws and at the same time lift up on the panel because there are side hooks punched out and also securing the panel to the cabinet assy. After the inner panel is removed you can use one arm to put inbetwwen the blower upper corner hsg.hole and the other arm in towards the middle under the drum. Behind the motor is the belt tension er which needs to be released. Then you can use the belt as a lifting handle on the center of the drum. You can lift the drum and move it forward out of the cabinet. The new belt is part # 33002535. Please take advantage of the hard work by cleaning out the entire inside with a shop - vac. Then insure that the entire vent system is cleaned out along with the dryer vent cap/hood. Assembly in reverse. You will sleep better after a cleaning. Make sure the vent is not kinked or sagging. Thank you.
The diagram for the routing of the Maytag's belt doesn't match my dryer. My maytag's idler pulley is above the motor pulley and I'm wondering how to route it properly.
Answer Hello Titus! Here is the information per the manufacture:
1. Disconnect power to the machine.
2. Place belt onto the outside of the tumbler and position the belt 1 1/2" in front of the rear baffle mounting screws with rubbed side against tumbler.
3. Postition tumbler into the rear felt seal, reting the tumbler onto the rear rollers. Lower the front of the tumbler onto the blower housing.
4. Insert left hand along side of tumbler at 8 o'clock. Insert right arm under tumbler (as close to the blower as possible).
5. Locate the belt and create a small loop with your right hand, ensuring the belt is free of twist.
6. Position the open end of the loop (ribbed side down) onto the motor pulley with your right hand.
7. To clear the drive belt, grasp the idler pulley in left hand, pull idler upward and to the left. NOTE: There is a built-in stop to prevent overstressing of he idler arm spring.
8. Relax your left hand and allow the idler pulley to rest down onto the belt.
9. Grasp baffles with both hands and rotate tumbler 1 or 2 turns clockwise to allow the belt to align itself.
Hope this information helps you!
My gas dryer stopped turning and the light doesn't work and it smell's like something burnt out. Does anyone know what could be wrong?
Answer Hello Angie. You will need to test the thermal fuse 33001762 and see if it is bad. It should read closed for continuity. If it is open, you will need to replace it and check for a clogged or kinked venting system. You can test this with a multi-meter TJMA-DM1. Here is a link on how to use a multi-meter. Hope this helps. http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/oven-repair-including-ranges-cooktops/4810-how-check-continuity-ohmmeter.html
Drum does not turn. Does that mean belt is loose?
Answer Hello Brad. If the motor runs, but the drum does not turn, then it sounds like the belt is broke. If you remove the door and the front panel, you can look and see if the belt is broke. Hope this helps.
I need to know how to program this dryer or a list of codes?
Answer Hello Bill. This is more information than we can provide. You will need to purchase the service manual for this model. Thank you.