My apologies for being so troublesome, but we are still not quite together in identifying the elements in my cooktop unit. Corrected model is GJD3044RB00. I will try again:
Please note: For the element diameters, I am measuring the outer white rings on the ceramic cooktop upper surface, directly above each element, not the actual elements, since I have not yet disassembled the cooktop unit. Therefore my measurements are probably about one inch less than the actual element diameter, including the element outer housing, in each case. My cooktop problems are as described below:
1. I have no temp regulation on the left front element. It is a dual element, and measures approximately 9 1/4 inches, when measured as described in item 1. above. I assume the control switch is defective. I need a P/N for the appropriate (dual) control switch for this element.
2. The inner coil of the right rear element does not work. I assume the element is defective. This is also a dual element. I need a P/N for this element.
4. The exhaust fan runs continuously and can not be turned off using the fan control switch. I assume the control switch is defective. I need a P/N for the fan control switch.
Please provide part numbers for the three above described parts.
Your assistance is much appreciated. William
Answer Hello William! Thank you for the updated model number. We are only able to measure the elements themselves. We do not have a way to measure the elements on the cooktop portion. The left front burner temp control it is in the switch, part number 9759474. For the right rear dual element you will need part number 8285937. The speed control switch for the fan is part number 4456836. Hope this information helps you! Thanks!
1 person found this answer helpful.
I need a couple of new elements, but your parts list seems not to have the ones I need. My elements are a follows: Left front: Approx 9 1/4 inch diam, dual element. Left rear: Approx 6 inches diameter, single element. Right front: Approx 6 5/8 inches diameter, single element. Right rear: Approx 8 inches diameter, dual element. Please advise.
Answer Hello William! For the left front order 8523694, it is a 2200w element. Please note, on our site it is listed as right rear, that is incorrect and is currently being updated. For the left rear order 8523698, it is a 1200w element. For the right front order 8523697, it is a 1500w element. For a right rear dual element order 4453909, it is a 1000/2400w element, however, it measures about 10" in diam. The right rear single element measures 8" in diam and is an 1800w element p/n 8523696. Hope this information helps you!
1 person found this answer helpful.
Right front burner does not work. How to check what should I replace, burner, or other electrical parts, like switch etc.?
Answer Michael, it will either be the element 8523698 or the switch 3149404. You'll need to test the parts. If you read 240Vac at the element with the switch on, the element is at fault. If not, the infinite switch has failed. Hope this helps you. Thanks.
My oven has the hidden bake element and I am getting no heat out of it at all. How do I go about taking the element out and what is the part number for the replacement element? I watched the video for replacing the baking element, but it was for an exposed element. Also, the right rear burner on the cooktop is not working. What is the part number for that element?
Answer Hello Sue,
As per the service manual: Hidden Bake Element Replacement.
1. Remove power from unit.
2. Open oven door and remove rack(s).
3. Remove screws securing hidden bake element cover.
4. Remove hidden bake element cover by sliding cover toward the rear of the oven cavity while lifting up on front of cover.
5. Remove screws securing bake element to rear of cavity wall.
6. Pull element forward to allow for labeling and disconnection of wire terminals.
7. Remove element support clips.
8. Reverse procedure to reinstall bake element.