How does the Idler pulley Assembly get mounted?
Answer Hello Morris! Here is the information from the service manual on how to install the idler pulley assembly. Hope this helps!
1. Disconnect power to the machine.
2. Remove front panel and door.
3. Remove shroud/tumbler front assembly.
4. Remove belt and tumbler.
5. Unhook idler spring from the base frame and remove screw securing the assembly to motor support bracket.
1. Remove retaining clip from groove in shaft.
2. Remove fiber washer.
3. Remove idler pulley and bearing.
4. Remove second fiber washer. NOTE: There is a fiber washer between the pulley and the idler arm. When replacing parts be certain the order of replacement is correct. IMPORTANT: The position of the flange of the idler pulley is important. The flange should be positioned on the side opposite of the idler arm.
*Install in reverse order.*
Can I replace the idler pully arm with out removing the drum thanks?
Answer Hello Steve! Yes, you can replace the idler pully arm without removing the drum but it will be tight. You'll need to work from the back of the machine. Thanks.