Door won't open used manual latch to open but when started cycle door locks but cycle won't start. Ran test and door lock and clean washer stayed lite which recommends replace of door lock system which is? Pn and how?
The door latch assembly is part number W10253483. To replace the door latch, open the door and remove the spring clamp around the bellow. Once removed, take the bellow off the door opening and remove the 2 screws on the door opening that hold the latch assembly in place. Once removed pull the latch assembly out. You will need to disconnect the wiring of the latch assembly which may require the lower panel being taken off or the top panel. Each of which are held in by 3 screws. Install in reverse.
What is code E1 F6?
Answer Hello John. The communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the Motor Control Unit
(MCU) cannot be sent correctly. Possible Causes/Procedure
- Unplug washer or disconnect power.
- Check that the power cord terminals are connected at the right position to the RFI filter
- Check that the two ground switches are pressed correctly by the toe and rear panels.
- Check that ground switches are fitted correctly, and are not broken and the green
ground wires are connected correctly.
- Make sure that both ground switches are not broken or scratched.
- Make sure that all the ground harnesses (green wires) are connected correctly, and are
not broken or with wires detached.
- Make sure that all wire harness connections from the CCU (MI3 cavity), main Motor,
and MCU are not broken or with wires detached, and that connector internal pins are visible.
- Check for continuity from the MCU connector wires to CCU (MI3 cavity) connector.
- If the continuity diagnosis failed, the Main Harness must be replaced.
- Make sure that all the connectors are fully seated.
- Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.
- Plug in washer or reconnect power.
- Verify the washer operation by running the Diagnostic Test cycle. See page 5.
- After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer or disconnect power and
wait for 15 seconds.
Washer will not start or lock the door. Error code F-22 displays. Have replaced the door latch and it does the same thing with F-22.
Answer Hello Gary,
You will want to check the wire harness connections to the door lock and CCU to make sure that they are not broken or detached. Make sure the connector internal pins are visible. Check continuity from the door lock and CCU connectors. If the continuity diagnosis fails you will need to replace teh harness. If the harness checks ok then you would need to replace CCU.
My door latch is 60 ohms (pins 1&3) and 118 ohms (pins 2&3). I'm replacing it. I'm also getting error code F28. Is it possible changing this part might clear up this problem also?
Answer Hello Steve,
The error code F28 means one or both of these parts are bad. The Motor Control Unit W10163007 and the Machine Control W10525358. It would be a good idea to order both, as both components have been problematic for error code F28. As far as the door latch goes, if it is bad, of course you need to change it. If it has no obvious issues and you are just putting it on to try to solve the F28 fault code, this will not help or change the issue.
I transfered my washer to my new home. When I installed it I noticed that the door won't close. Do you think it is the latch or did it get damage from the move? I don't want to order the part and thats not the problem! Help!
Answer Hello Brenda,
First try to close the door slowly and look at how the latch lines up. If it doesn't line up properly, the hinge W10118967 will have to be replaced. This would be damage from the move. If it lines up, the door latch assembly W10253483 will require replacement.
Just changed the bellow tried to start door locks an keeps clicking.Guess it's not getting a signal that it's locked. Is there any thing I can do? Did I do something to the locking latch?
Answer Hello Matt. You will need to check and see if there is any loose or broken wires in the unit. If so, it will cause the problem you are having with the latch W10253483. If not, replace the latch assembly. Hope this helps.