My lower oven function perfectly good, but my upper microwave not working at all. When I select 1 minute I heard click, but their not do any work. Please let me know what suppose to do. Thanks
If the unit does not do anything at all when you press the start button then you will want to check to see if there is power to the transformer. The most likely cause for the unit not doing anything would be a faulty control board.
Microwave does not work and oven works perfectly. The microwave hasn't been cooking exactly correct for a while and one day while cooking just completely died. What is the problem? Should we just get a new unit?
Answer Hello Jeanie. If everything is dead, check the fuse. As for the heating issue, You most likely have a "high voltage" side malfunction. Transformer, diode, magnetron, Capacitor. You will need to be extremely careful if you decide to test the components with a multi meter, Very high residual voltage is present, so make sure you remove power to the microwave and short across the terminals on the capacitor. The magnetron should have a reading of less than 1 ohm resistance across the two terminals, and an "open" circuit between each terminal and chassis ground. The diode/rectifier should have a resistance reading in one direction only, no resistance, or resistance in both directions indicate a faulty diode. The primary winding on the trans former should read approximately 450 Ohms resistance, the secondary winding should read 80 ohms resistance, and the filament transformer should read 100 ohms resistance. If all the readings are proper and in range, replace the magnetron.
The microwave oven works as usual just not heating food. Fan works, light works. Could it be capacitor?
Answer Hello Jack,
This can be the capacitor, diode, high voltage transformer, magnetron, or the control board. These components should be tested to avoid ordering unnecessary replacement parts. Be aware that the unit should be un-plugged and the high voltage capacitor should be dis-charged to ground before contacting it to prevent electrical shock.
Pressed button to turn on microwave, heard a zapping sound, oven went dead, is that the magnatron? Control panel on micro controls lower oven, all is well with that thanks in advance ted
Answer Ted, It could be the magnetron 4392008, and probably is. But there are other components you need to test as well 4313101,815073 any one of these components will produce a "zapping" sound, and cause the thermal fuse 4313613 to open and eliminate the power to "cook". Your best bet is to get access to a multi meter and circuit test each component .