Oven is not working. checked oven sensor with ohm meter. reads 1952 at room temp. is it a bad sensor?
Answer Terry, Yes, at room temperature the sensor resistance should be 1050-1100 ohms. At 1952 ohms, the control "thinks" the oven temperature is 500 dgrs.F. replace the sensor 8053344.
I have a gas range that blew the gfi this am, I reset it, oven turns on and had flame at bottom of oven but oven won't heat.
Would this issue be the oven temperature sensor?
Answer Mike, No, we wouldn't expect the oven temperature sensor 8053344 to be the issue. You would most likely have an error code in the display if that were the case. Since the GFI outlet tripped, and you can see the igniter 4342528 glowing, you most likely have a weak igniter or possibly a loose or broken wire between the igniter and safety valve 3196545 .
Our Whirlpool oven shows error code F3E0 or F3 EO. From what I have researched online it means Replace Oven Temperature Sensor. Which sensor do I need to purchase? Thanks.
Answer Hello Mike. 1. Press CANCEL>CANCEL>START to enter the Diagnostics Mode. Verify the sensor
temperature reading is at room temperature (typically 50 to 90°F [10 to 32.2°C]) and verify
failure code. If failure code does match, then continue.
2. Unplug range or disconnect power.
3. Check all sensor connections on harness and board.
4. Disconnect sensor from harness.
5. Measure sensor resistance between connector pins and confirm reading is between
1000O and 1200O at room temperature. Also measure from sensor connector to sensor
casing for possible short. If measurement is not correct, or if short is found, replace
6. Trace wires and connectors to sensor from control, then back to control. If wire or
connection is damaged, replace the harness. If wire or connector is not damaged,
replace oven temperature sensor.
7. Reconnect the sensor to the harness.
8. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
9. Plug in range or reconnect power.
10. Press CANCEL>CANCEL>START to enter the Diagnostics Mode and clear the error
11. Press CANCEL to cancel the Diagnostics Mode.
12. Press BAKE and START. Observe for longer than 1 minute.
13. If failure does not reappear, stop. If failure remains, unplug range or disconnect power
and check wire connections.
Operator console shows error code E2 F1.
Range still works. Oven will start if we reset the error. Don't how long the oven will run.
Error code comes back after a couple of minutes.
can you tell me what went wrong and what to buy to fix it.
Answer Hello Chuck. UL A/D error(s) 1. Verify failure if not displayed, using CANCEL/OFF key. Press key for 5 seconds until last
error code is displayed.
2. Disconnect power longer than 30 seconds.
3. Re-apply power and observe for longer than 1 minute.
4. If failure remains, disconnect power, replace control.