I continue to go get F20 error. Now what I have done is purchase a new pump then purchase a new water inlet valve from AppliacePartsPros.com what next? Thank you
Answer Hello William. The pressure switch is not tripped after 6 minutes. Water level is not reached within a
specific time (EEPROM parameter). This error code is only shown in Diagnostic test. Possible Causes/Procedure
- Check if the home has low water pressure; open the water faucets.
- Unplug washer or disconnect power.
- Make sure that cold and hot valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
- Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves.
- Check all hoses for possible leaks.
- Check if the customer used an aftermarket “no flood” hose. This can sometimes
stop the flow of water to the washer.
- Make sure that wire harness connections from Inlet Valves (cold and hot), Drain
Pump, Pressure Switch, & CCU (PR6, DP2 & VCH7 cavities connectors) are not
broken or with wires detached, and that connector internal pins are visible.
- Check the continuity between the following components:
A. Inlet valve connectors (cold and hot) to the CCU (VCH7 cavity)
B. Drain Pump & CCU (DP2 cavity) connectors
C. Pressure Switch & CCU (PR6 cavity) connectors.
- If the continuity diagnosis failed, Main Harness must be replaced.
- Check the resistance of the Inlet valve in each port of the valve (cold & hot).
- Make continuity test to the Pressure SW. See page 8.
- Verify that the pressure switch hose is in good condition and properly connected
to tub and pressure switch.
- Check hose for possible leaks. Remove hose from pressure switch. Make sure
that the open part where the hose is connected doesn’t have debris.
- Check pressure switch operation. Remove pressure switch. Blowing air through
the opening, the two internal switches are heard one by one.
- Check for Suds.
- Verify there is not a siphon problem.
- Make sure that all the connectors are fully seated.
- Plug in washer or reconnect power.
- Verify the unit operation by running the Diagnostic Test cycle. See page 5.
- After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer or disconnect power
and wait for 15 seconds.
My Whirlpool top load washer works great but the water wont shut off. It has flooded my laundry room. I have tried all settings. Help!
Answer Hello Shantelle,
If the water won't shut off, there is a simple test you need to perform to determine what component is at fault. Start the unit and allow it to begin filling. Unplug the unit. If the water doesn't stop running in, the water valve has failed and will require replacement. If the water stops coming in, the issue is either a clogged pressure switch hose or the pressure switch has failed and will require replacement.
Whirlpool front load washer flashing F24. Does not do anything.
Answer Hello Sam. If the water temperature sensor (NTC) value is out of range (23°F to 217°F
[-5°C to 103°C]) during the water-heating step of the WASH cycle. Possible Causes/Procedure
- Unplug washer or disconnect power.
- Check connections to water heater & CCU (TH2 & HE2 cavities) connectors
are not broken or wires detached and connector internal pins are visible.
- Check continuity from the water heater sensor (black wires) to CCU
(TH2 cavity) connector.
- If the continuity diagnosis failed the Main Harness must be replaced.
- Check that the resistance of heating element. - Check that the resistance of the water sensor. - Plug in washer or reconnect power cord.
- Verify the unit operation by running the Diagnostic Test cycle. - After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer or disconnect
power and wait for 15 seconds.
Whirlpool Duet Sport WFW8400TW03 front loader washer. Getting F20 error code.Things I've done.
1) checked hot/cold fill hoses, good water pressure, no clogs, inlet value screens appear clear
2) checked water pressure switch, checked continuity per manual, ok
3) blew into water pressure switch, heard 2 clicks, ok
4) blew into water pressure hose, could hear bubbles and air going through
5) Tried Hot cycle, then cold cycle, got F20 on both, usually washer fills up with water ok and then get F20 code, sometimes, looks like it goes through wash cycle and then F20.
6) Don't see any kinks in hoses interal or external, looks like all electrial connectors are connected.
Answer Hello Dan,
You will also want to check to make sure that the drain pump is operating. Make sure that there is not a siphoning effect happening where the water just flows back out of unit. Press Pause/Cancel to clear display and the unit will drain for 3 minutes. Verify that the harness connections to valves, pressure switch and control board are good. Check for leaks from hoses. Check the hose attached to bottom of tub to make sure that there is nothing clogged in it not allow water to drain properly.
Where is this switch (AP4340286) located in my machine?
Answer Hello Tiffany,
When you remove the main top of your machine, the pressure switch should be on the right side near the back of the machine.
Washer doesn't rotate. Goes through each cycle, until it pumps out from rinse cycle. Then flashes, f1 e2 error. Doesn't spin nor rotate through the wash or rinse cycle.Door stays locked. Cloths are soaked. Belt looks fine. Please help.
Answer Hi Cathy. The F1E2 code is MOTOR CONTROL UNIT ERROR. The Motor Control Unit has internal failure. If failure occurs during high-speed spin, the door unlocks after 3 minutes.Possible Causes/Procedure - Verify the shipping system, including shipping bolts and spacers, are removed, and that power cord is out of the washer. - Check if washer is on a dedicated circuit. Other devices on same circuit can create line noise and cause this issue. - Unplug washer or disconnect power. - Check the neutral feed to the MCU and CCU from the AC line filter. - Make sure all wire harness connections between the Motor & MCU, and MCU to CCU, are not broken or with wires detached, and that connector internal pins are visible. - Make sure that all the connectors are fully seated. - Plug in washer or reconnect power. - Verify the washer operation by running the Diagnostic Test cycle. See page 5. - After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer or disconnect powerand wait for 15 seconds. Motor control unit part # W10384843. Thank You.
Machine over fills ONLY during rinse cycle. Water fills almost 1/2 way up drum then starts leaking on floor from door, with or with out clothes. Wash cycle is fine. Did find cold water inlet screen slightly clogged with sediment but valve is holding when machine is off?
Answer Hi Frenchy. You will need to replace the unit pressure switch part # W10163980. Then as you are in there, blow back into the hose towards the tub. If you felt like there were any obstructions, you will need to clean the pump and hoses. Use affresh tablets monthly part # W10135699 to insure proper efficiency. Keep your entire vent and outside working properly so you are not rewashing lint that will clog the washer. Thank You.