Looks like the top element just blew out. Heating to 375, suddenly sounded like the garbage disposal was on (coming from the oven), fire and bright light coming from inside upper over. After it stopped the oven had turned off, and now wont turn on, control panel is completely dark. Checked the breakers, none had tripped, tried flipping them on and off to make sure, no change. My thinking is that there is a fuse somewhere in the oven, and i found the thermal fuse part, but other folks seem to indicate that the oven still was on even with the fuse blown. Would blowing that thermal fuse or thermal overload cause the unit to go completely dark?
While it is possible that the thermal fuse for the ovens burners part number 9759243 could be faulty, the most likely cause for the unit not coming on would be the in line thermal fuse that leads to the control board. The part number is 4451042.
oven wont come up to temperature in self clean mode. might reach to 500 to 600 degrees.
Answer Hello Saw,
This will have to be one of two issues. A poor electrical connection to the unit or in the heating circuit or a failing temperature sensor W10131825. Test the sensor with an ohm meter and look for about 1100 ohms of resistance with the sensor at about 70°F. Be sure to tap on it during the test since a bad sensor can make internal contact temporarily at room temperature.
Microwave not heating.
Answer Hello Dixie. You most likely have a "high voltage" side malfunction. Transformer, diode, magnetron, Capacitor. You will need to be extremely careful if you decide to test the components with a multi meter, Very high residual voltage is present, so make sure you remove power to the microwave and short across the terminals on the capacitor. The magnetron should have a reading of less than 1 ohm resistance across the two terminals, and an "open" circuit between each terminal and chassis ground. The diode/rectifier should have a resistance reading in one direction only, no resistance, or resistance in both directions indicate a faulty diode. The primary winding on the trans former should read approximately 450 Ohms resistance, the secondary winding should read 80 ohms resistance, and the filament transformer should read 100 ohms resistance. If all the readings are proper and in range, replace the magnetron.
My Whirlpool double oven intermittently powers off uncommanded. The display panel goes blank. Power can be restored by pressing anywhere on the control panel. The oven will "beep" and the display returns. No fault codes are displayed. Other than this annoying problem the oven functions properly.
It sounds like the time of day feature has been turned off to the oven. To turn it back on you will want to push and hold the clock button for 5 seconds. This should turn the time of day on and keep it on. If this does not resolve the issue then you will want to replace the control board of the unit due to internal failure of the transformer on it.
Unsure what part needs replacing. Top and bottom element heats, but not hot enough to cook biscuits. I noticed that the heat light comes on, but only for about 30-40 seconds, then goes off. Back on in about same amount of time, but off again in usually a min. or less. It's a Whirlpool smooth surface stove. Thanks for your assistance.
Answer Hello J.,
This usually means that one leg of voltage has been dropped. You could have a bad breaker, bad wiring between the breaker and the unit, or a component inside the unit has failed such a thermostat or relay on the board. I would be a lot better assistance with the model number of your unit so I can pull the wiring diagram. This would show me the components in the circuit and enable me to advise you of the test points to properly troubleshoot your unit.